The recommended article to go along with these questions is a review with Paul Tripp and Timothy Lane about their book, How People Change at CCEF.
1. Are you a more accepting, forgiving, and loving person than you were five years ago? ________ Explain:
2. What temptations have you overcome over the last five years? What temptations do you still struggle with? How do you fight the temptations you face in your daily life? Explain:
3. How do you usually respond to sin in your life?
4. Do you understand what it means to repent?________ Explain:
5. Would you like help in fighting these ongoing sins and temptations as you seek to be obedient to God?
6. Do you understand what it means to become Christlike and find your identity in Christ alone? ________ Explain:
7. Is there anything in your life that you are putting before God? (your family, ambition, comfort, job, etc.)?
8. When you fail, what happens within you?
9. When you succeed, what happens within you?
10. Do you worry or experience fear and anxiety often? ________ How do you respond?
Grace and Truth,
The recommended article to go along with these questions is: The Mind Under Grace by Darren Marks at Christianity Today
1. How often do you read the Bible?
2. Are you growing in your understanding of Scripture and increasingly putting what you learn into practice?
3. Do you feel you know the Bible well?________ In what areas do you need help?
4. Are your doubts and questions being answered?________ If yes, how? If not, what help do you need?
5. Do you know and understand basic Christian doctrine? Examples include: the character of God, the Person and Work of Jesus Christ, the ministry of the Holy Spirit, sin, salvation, Christian growth, etc.? What help do you need?
6. In what areas of intellectual life (explaining your faith; understanding basic Christian doctrine; practical applications of Scripture; etc.) are you stronger, and in which areas would you like to learn more?
7. Are you part of a Bible study or small group? ________ If you are, what have you learned that has helped you grow in your faith?
8. What are your reading habits?
9. What kinds of books do you generally read? How have these books shaped your thinking?
Grace and Truth,