A Jolt in Jerusalem
(for the week of March 28, 2021)
This Week’s Scripture: Mark 11:1-11
Key Idea from Sermon
The Triumphal Entry: Jesus comes to Jerusalem as King.
1. Where did the events of this story take place (v. 1)? What did Jesus ask his disciples to do (vv. 2-3)?
2. How did the disciples’ experience match with what Jesus said (vv. 4-7)? What did the people in the village do when the disciples asked to take their colt (v. 6)?
3. How did Jesus enter Jerusalem (vv. 7-11)?
4. Why did the people spread cloaks and branches on the road for Jesus? What was the atmosphere of the crowd when Jesus rode into Jerusalem (vv. 8-10)?
5. What did the people shout when Jesus entered the city (v. 9)? What did Jesus communicate to the crowds by riding a donkey into Jerusalem?
6. What does the reaction of the crowd tell us about how they interpreted Jesus’ entry into Jerusalem (vv. 9-10)? What can we learn from the attitudes of the people who followed Jesus into Jerusalem? How can we express our praise to the Lord?
7. Why do you think Jesus went to the temple first but then went out to Bethany with his disciples (v. 11)? Why didn’t Jesus stay in Jerusalem (v. 11)?
8. What do you think the disciples thought about what Jesus asked them to do? How should we imitate the disciples’ example?
9. When has God told you to do something that you thought was unusual or difficult to justify?
10. Why do you think God does not always reveal his intentions or long-range plans for us when we find ourselves in difficult circumstances?
11. What should we do when we do not understand what God is trying to accomplish in us and through us?
12. What could you do this week to celebrate what Jesus has done for you?
13. How should you react the next time a situation arises that you don’t understand?
May you richly experience the presence of God this week!!!
Life Group Studies