Get Ready for It
(for the week of December 6, 2020)
PDF file at bottom
Note to Group Leaders: More than anyone else, you are aware of the size of your group, time constraints, the needs of your group, etc. Please read through the Scripture and material below and use whatever you believe will be most helpful to your group.
This Week’s Scripture: John 1:19-28 and Psalm 126
Key Idea from Sermon
Let God prepare us. We can anticipate change.
1. Read John 1:19-28 and Psalm 126 and answer the following questions.
For Further Study & Discussion
2. Read John 1:1-18. According to John 1:6-8, who was John testifying about?
3. What do the following descriptions of Jesus emphasize about him and why he came (based on verses 1-18)? You may need a study Bible to help you.
4. What else do verses 1-18 say about Jesus?
5. Who did the Jewish leaders think John might be (vv. 19-21)? Why?
6. What had John been doing that these leaders were concerned about (vv. 23-24)?
7. How does John answer their question in verse 26? Whose authority does John imply he has to announce and do these things?
8. Read John 1:29. How did John describe Jesus and what purpose did he say Jesus came to fulfill?
9. Read Psalm 126. What does this Psalm teach you about God?
10. What hope does Psalm 126 give you?
Life Group Studies