The Inspiration to Explore
(for the week of May 2, 2021)
PDF at the bottom
Key Idea from Sermon
The Holy Spirit makes us want to know Jesus.
1. At the beginning of the text, who spoke to Philip? What was said to Philip (v. 26)?
2. How did Philip respond (v. 27)?
3. How does the Lord ordinarily lead you in your life? How do you usually hear the Lord’s voice? How do you usually respond when you “know that you know” that God is calling you to do something?
4. Who was the Ethiopian eunuch and why was he in Jerusalem (v. 27)?
5. It is likely that this eunuch was a “God-fearer.” That may explain why he was reading Isaiah. Describe the conversation between the eunuch and Philip in verses 29-31.
6. Sometimes evangelism is simply explaining to another person what they do not understand about the Christian faith or what is in the Bible. How was Philip able to help in this situation?
7. What are some reasons Christians should study the Bible and Christian doctrine? What are some different ways Christians can study these things? (be creative)
8. What was the eunuch’s question about the Isaiah text (vv. 31-34)?
9. How did Philip answer the eunuch’s question (v. 35)? What does that text from Isaiah teach about the Good News about Jesus?
10. How was the eunuch’s faith confirmed after he heard the Gospel (vv. 36-38)?
11. All of this happened because Philip heard and obeyed the Spirit’s leading. How do you usually feel after you disobey the Spirit’s leading in your life? After you obey the Spirit’s leading? (Share some examples from your life of both.)
12. What are some ways you can begin to grow in hearing and obeying the Spirit in your life? What might happen when you do? Are you ready for that?
Life Group Studies